I know it's been a while since I updated the blog....we've been a little busy! Michael had his official 3rd birthday party way back on Labor Day weekend. It was a bowling party and he talked about it for MONTHS before it ever happened. Here are a few pictures from the party. Oh, and we had special guests! Grandmommy and Grand-daddy stopped through Chicago for a few days on their way home from a cruise in the Northeast so they were able to attend the party!

How fun that Michael's first bowl at his party was a STRIKE! He was SOOO excited!

The bowling ball cupcakes: (The bakery said black icing would have tasted funny so they turned out a ghoulish green! But they were still good)

Michael and a few of his girlfriends at the party:

Grand-daddy and Michael on his slide:

Then, after the birthday festivities were over, we packed up and headed to St. Augustine Florida to our family beach house. Technically, it's not ours anymore as we sold it to our longtime neighbors and he gave the old beach house the ROYAL treatment and fixed it up. It is now super nice and a beach palace! I grew up going to the beach house, every summer of my childhood...and as often as I could into my adult years. Being there made me miss my grandfather, but it was nice to go back and take my boys to the same beach I grew up on.
Here's Michael making his way down the path to the beach:

Carson with the new, and improved Beach House in the background. We have this same picture of me when I was Carson's age, somewhere in a photo album back in Texas:


(Michael took that dang sword EVERYWHERE on this vacation)

We flew kites quite a bit...it was so much fun!


Michael playing on the little beach by our favorite restaurant in the world, Caps on the Water. (not lying, it really is our favorite place on earth).

Michael went on his first helicopter ride. They flew right over all of us down below at the beach house!


What trip to the beach would be complete without burying your toddler....Michael wasn't so sure about it but he was a good sport.

Can't wait to go back!
1 comment:
Beautiful family picture! Glad that y'all had so much fun!
Post a Comment