Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Michael turns 3 on the best weekend ever

It was a BIG weekend here at the Pratt house.  Ryan had Friday and Monday off for Labor Day, Michael turned 3 and we had more neighborly activities than I can count.  Let's start with Friday.  Ryan wanted to do something fun with the boys so we headed out to the Arboretum.  It's a HUGE place but we mainly stayed in the children's part.  Here, Ryan and Michael are headed into the MAZE!
After they didn't come out for a while, I went in to find them and I finally heard them....and this picture was taken.

Back at the Children's Garden, Michael loves the little pond with rocks.  It's always a wet experience as he loves to throw them in and out of the water!

Now onto another stream.  Note he has on a new shirt b/c the other one was SOAKING when we left the frog pond.  Just seconds after this picture was taken, Michael slipped and fell all in this stream.  We were out of shirts but put on the lesser of the two wet shirts.

Cute Carson watching the water works...

My two cuties:
Friday night when we got home, Michael played with two sets of neighbors til dinner time.  At that point, we all (3 sets of neighbors) decided to order pizza and have a little party....a little party that lasted til 10:30!  It was a late night for Michael.  Then, the same thing happened with more neighbors on Saturday night which landed Michael in bed at 10.  Needless to say, Michael woke up late on Sunday morning, his birthday to find the house had turned into pirate land.  He opened presents and played with them until 11:30!


Of course, Ryan made his famous pancakes and Michael practiced blowing out candles:

Here's one of Michael's new hot wheels tracks.  Even though it appears that Michael is having the most fun here, don't be fooled!  Ryan was definitely into this toy.  I had so much fun watching them both.
Carson watched too but was more into the balloons.  He looks like a big fatty here and that's why I posted the picture.  I love fat babies!

Another present....the walkie talkies.  HUGE hit with Michael and all the neighbors.
Michael got an electric train set like Grandmommy has at her house and napped with one of the train cars.  Whenever the train came close to Carson, he kicked his legs and flailed his arms about like he was about to get hit by a train or something.  It was hysterical!

For lunch, Ryan and Michael rode the real train two towns over to his favorite restaurant, Two Toots.  It's a train restaurant where your food is delivered on an electric train that goes all around the restaurant.  He was a happy 3 year old to say the least.


Then Sunday night was the big, neighborhood Pirate Party.  Most of the neighbors were out of town but we still had a crowd.  This party only lasted until 9 so it's a miracle Michael got to bed before 10 on his birthday.  

Here he is with a few of his neighborhood friends blowing out his candles.  The cake.  Well, I ordered this fancy cake for him, to be picked up Saturday.  While at our neighbors house Saturday night, I realized I never picked up the cake!  BAD MOM!  So on Sunday, we scrambled and went to our grocery store and picked one up.  It worked but not what I envisioned.  

It was a wonderful, all about Michael, weekend and we're officially exhausted.  School started today and Michael starts baseball tomorrow.  His official birthday party, the bowling party, is next Sunday so stay tuned!

No comments: